Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Culture

What is my culture?

Am I being a bad Indian by wearing non traditional clothes. I am most comfortable in tshirts and shorts. Does that make me a non Indian?

Or do my thought make me Indian. In which case if i do accept some western thoughts, does that make me non Indian.

Thought a lil bit (extremely lil, mind u) and decided that Indian culture is built on openness. I can wear whatever I want, talk in any language I am comfortable in, eat anything I like, think whatever I want to think, believe whatever i want.

As long as I allow other people the same freedom, without expecting them to be like me or accusing them of being Un Indian.

The only clear non Indian thing to do is to call someone, anyone a non Indian, in any language, on any aspect of who they are.

I love being Indian :)
Jai Hind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home