Saturday, August 16, 2008

The laziest blogger in the world

Hola amigos!
Long time and no blogging again. Guess was a little to busy with life :P
Im glad that for once, I was not being bored to death with whatever I am upto. There is a lot I have to be happy for and plenty to crib about. For now, I am content cribbing =P

I was thinking about religion the other day. Personally, this would be a good time for you to tune out in case you like arguing.
I feel that religion and spirituality are not really the same thing. I can be spiritual without been overtly religious. Religion is a set of beliefs, usually followed by a group with traditions and rituals. Spirituality is the belief in a higher power and on occassion submission to it, but mostly praying to it to be more than just human.

Why draw a difference between the two?
Coz religion is commercialized and sometimes dictates utter nonsense to us. God is infalliable, the humans who deliver / interpret his word are not. I prefer the voice inside me that tells me whats ok and whats not. It guides me well.


Im bored to death again, so here are some teasers for u to play with:

Pairs of primes separated by a single number are called prime pairs. Examples are 17 and 19. Prove that the number between a prime pair is always divisible by 6 (assuming both numbers in the pair are greater than 6). Now prove that there are no 'prime triples.'

In a country in which people only want boys, every family continues to have children until they have a boy. if they have a girl, they have another child. if they have a boy, they stop. what is the proportion of boys to girls in the country?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruchi said...

About pair of primes and triples of prime - isn't 3, 5 and 7 a prime triplet?

December 12, 2008 at 4:55 AM  
Blogger Adil Pereira said...

hehe
greater than 6 :)

July 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home